30 Dec The Best Alternative to Vinyl Log Siding
How to determine the best alternative to vinyl log siding – with so many homeowners looking to create that perfect rustic look for their homes, more and more siding companies are figuring out ways to make their material look and feel like real wood – with only a fraction of the maintenance real wood requires. One of the most popular choices is vinyl log siding due to its versatility and low price point. Vinyl can be molded to look and feel exactly like real wood siding, without the constant maintenance and upkeep real wood needs. The main concern with vinyl log siding is the lifetime of vinyl does not last very long nor does it hold up to extreme weather. It also does not do well when damaged as you will have to replace the entire panel – where as with wood a simple patch job does the trick.
So, how do you choose the right alternative to vinyl log siding if it doesn’t do the trick? With so many materials on the market, it can be difficult to decide which one will work for you. There is wood, metal, aluminum, ICF siding, wood, concrete and more. Lucky for you, we found the best alternative to vinyl log siding that will last you generations, leaves you with zero maintenance and gives you the perfect rustic look for your home.
The Best Alternative To Vinyl Log Siding – Concrete Log Siding
According to What Is Vinyl, using vinyl log siding for your home can lower the value of your home overall, so the cost of the siding can save you upfront – but may leave you with less down the road. Vinyl log siding also leaves a possibility of water getting stuck in between the boards due to how they are installed. Installation leaves pockets under the boards and holes in the insulation wrap, creating the possibility of water damage to the wood frame of your home. This not only can invite pests and termites, but also creates the perfect environment for mold. Vinyl log siding overall costs less upfront, but will need to be replaced every 20-40 years.
So, what is the best alternative to vinyl log siding? Concrete!
Concrete log siding is maintenance-free, no need to preserve, re-stain, or seal annually. Compared to vinyl log siding that can fade over time, melt in heat, take damage in a storm – concrete log siding holds up in even the harshest of conditions. Leaving you with a maintenance-free home you can enjoy for years to come.
When it comes to concrete log siding, Everlog Systems knows best. EverLog Concrete Log Siding is an engineered concrete log siding and concrete timber siding product used in renovations and new construction. Designed to perform better than logs and other materials, our simulated log siding will instantly transform the look and performance of any cabin, home or commercial structure.
Everlogs Concrete Log Siding Project
To show you how amazing concrete log siding can be, check out this stunning project done by Everlog Systems. This project alone will make you choose concrete over vinyl – every time.
This custom log and timber lodge located in West Yellowstone, Montana is a masterpiece!
Designed by MossCreek this lodge home is the ultimate family retreat. With over 7,000 square feet and room for over 15 family members/guests, the fun never ends at this beautiful retreat. Entertaining spaces combined with ample dining areas make this a home for generations to enjoy. Helping to preserve this legacy is our worry-free concrete EverLog Siding. Combined with natural stone this lodge features our 16” Hand Hewn and Board & Batten – EverLog Siding in our Natural Brown.
Everlog Siding Features and Benefits
Concrete log siding is the best alternative to vinyl log siding for a plethora of reasons, here are just some of our favorites:
- Panel Size & Wall Coverage: Everlog siding panels are two to three times the size of typical lap or log home siding. We offer five different siding profiles each with its unique own look and feel. Profiles range from 8″ high to 16″ high by 12′ long and cover 8′ to 16′ depending on the profile. Whether you are building a small cabin or a large custom home we have the profile for you.
- Light Weight: EverLog Siding is extremely lightweight and does not structurally affect the wall. A standard 12′ siding panel weighs approximately 42-55 pounds depending on the profile. While very lightweight, we recommended two people lift and apply EverLog Siding. Please consult the “Siding Installation Guide” for additional details.
- Fire Resistant – Class A fire rating: In 2003, over 4000 homes in the United States were destroyed by wildfires. Again in 2012 wildfires in Colorado alone were particularly devastating. Our concrete log siding has a Class A fire rating. Not only do our concrete log homes provide superior fire protection, but insurance companies also provide our homeowners with preferential insurance ratings resulting in lower homeowners insurance costs. Homeowners insurance is generally a minimum of 20% less costly than comparable timber frame or log homes. These savings increase in high fire zone areas. Learn why the Good Simple Living family decided to use EverLog Siding to protect their home from the threat of wildfires.
- Insect-Free: EverLogs are resistant to all insects. Many regions in the United States have wood-eating insects including termites. Our concrete log homes solve this problem. Check out this before and after home that chose EverLog Siding to replace their woodpecker-damaged garage.
- Higher Resale Value: Because our concrete log siding is superior to wood, requires little to no maintenance, and is resistant to mold and other decay they retain a higher resale value. As one real estate agent commented, “An EverLog home is essentially the same home in year one as it is in year fifty.”