02 Jun Making Of The Mountain Living Natural Dream Home
Welcome to Mountain Living’s Natural Dream Home
Luxury Green Living
Presented By: Mountain Living, EverLog Systems, Ken Pieper & Associates and Built Green® Colorado
Green is: sustainable, eco-friendly, responsible, healthy, energy-efficient, and beautiful.
- Site is key: green space, orientation to the sun, leave a small footprint.
- Landscaping: xeric grasses low-water perennials, herbs, wildflowers, native trees and shrubs.
- Disturb site as little as possible. Cut few trees. Use log as building materials. Mulch small pieces and return to the soil.
- Foundation: ARXX insulated concrete forms, R-50 Rating, Saves 70% on heating and cooling.
- EverLogs: Look like wood but are an eco-friendly composite, won’t shrink or twist, resist bugs, mold and decay, fire-resistant, maintenance-free, air-tight seal for energy efficiency.
- Chinking: Timber-Tec by Sansin, seals seams, provides insulation, VOC-free, solvent free.
- Insulation: Icynene’s EcoFoam, spray on, seals gaps and seams, creates an air barrier.
- Insulation: Johns Manville’s Spider, formaldehyde free, resists mold, up to 60% recycled glass.
- Roofing: Moniere Lifetile, concrete roof tiles, long-lasting, low-maintenance, economical.
- Solar Panels: eco-friendly, low-profile, provides the energy to heat, cool and power Dream Home.
- Decks: concrete decking that looks like stone, low maintenance, eco-friendly and decorative.
- Appliances: Roth Distributing, Sub-Zero refrigeration, Wolf stove, Wolf ovens, Wolf warming drawer.
- Kitchen: open-plan, multipurpose, reclaimed black walnut prep island, Kamtz low VOC cabinets, Renato brick pizza oven.
- Living: Cisco Bros. at HW Home, FSC-certified wood, water-based glues, organic wool, linen or hemp upholstery.
- Bedroom: Ebanista, traditional craftsmanship, hand rubbed wax finishes, inspired by antiques from Spain and Italy.
For complete information on furnishings, finishes, products, pros, etc. pick up a copy of Mountain Living Magazine.