1. Maintenance Free: Concrete Logs are maintenance free, no need to preserve, re-stain, or seal annually. According to log home restoration companies, wood log home owners spend a minimum of $750 a year in labor and materials just to maintain their wood log home. In addition, every three to five years wood log home owners pay an average of $6,000 to have their homes preserved, re-stained, and sealed to protect them from the weather and insects. EverLog Systems’ homes are maintenance free saving thousands of dollars over the life of the home. We want our customers to enjoy their log home and avoid spending time to maintain their investment.
2. Fire Resistant – 3 hour fire rating: In 2003, over 4000 homes in the United States were destroyed by wildfires. And again in 2012 wildfires in Colorado alone were particularly devastating. Our log homes have a minimum 3 hour fire rating. Not only do our concrete log homes provide superior fire protection, insurance companies provide our home owners with preferential insurance ratings resulting in lower homeowners insurance costs. Homeowners insurance is generally a minimum of 20% less costly than comparable log homes. These savings increase in high fire zone areas.
3. Resistant to Mold and Other Decay: EverLogs are resistant to mold and other forms of decay. Many regions in the United States have serious mold and other fungal growth problems. Because concrete does not culture mold our concrete log homes solve these problems. This extends the life of the home and saves our clients the additional costs to treat these problems.
4. Insect Free: EverLogs are resistant to all insects. Many regions in the United States have wood-eating insects including termites. Our concrete log homes solve this problem.
1. EverLog products are Environmentally Friendly and used in Green Homes across the country: No Harvesting of Trees: No trees are used for the exterior of our homes thus reducing the need to harvest forest products.
2. Recyclable Materials: We are refining the use of recycled materials in our concrete mix. Materials like fly ash (a by-product of coal production) which reduces the amount of cement in our concrete mix is an example.
3. More Efficient Heating and Cooling: Concrete retains internal temperature more efficiently than wood. We compound this natural advantage by casting an additional 1-1/2″ of insulation into our concrete logs. Our patented method of assembly provides an exacting fit further improving the integrity of our concrete log homes. On average, our customers will save 30-40% on their annual heating and cooling costs compared to a wood log home.
4. Less Fossil Fuels:Because our concrete log homes offer superior insulation qualities, less fossil fuels are needed to heat and cool our homes.
1. Insulated EverLogs substantially reduce heating and cooling costs: Concrete retains internal temperature more efficiently than wood. We compound this natural advantage by casting an additional 1-1/2″ of insulation into our concrete logs. Our patented method of assembly provides an exacting fit further improving the integrity of our concrete log homes. On average, our customers will save 30-40% on their annual heating and cooling costs compared to a wood log home.
For more information take a look at our “NCAT Blower Door Test”.
2. Lower homeowners insurance premiums: Because our concrete log homes provide a range of benefits that exceed most building code requirements many insurance companies will extend preferential homeowners insurance rates to our clients.
For more information read our “Insurance Reference Letter”
3. Competitively priced with hand-crafted wood log homes: See our “Side by Side Price Comparison” with wood logs.
4. Higher resale value: Because our concrete log homes are structurally superior to wood, require little to no maintenance and are resistant to mold and other decay they retain a higher resale value. As one real estate agent commented “An EverLog home is essentially the same home in year one as it is in year fifty.”
5. Our concrete log home packages arrive on site ready to erect: Many wood log home packages require substantial modifications on the job site. These include re-sizing door/window openings; drilling logs for electrical and plumbing; crafting slip joints or other devices designed to accommodate log settling; creating butt joints to connect two logs unable to span the required distance; cutting and trimming excess log lengths.
These modifications are not necessary with an EverLog home. EverLog log packages require no modifications on site. Our concrete logs are manufactured precisely to architectural specifications. Our pre-cast system ensures our window/door openings are precise to manufacturer specifications. Electrical and plumbing do not run through our concrete logs so no drilling is required.
Most wood log home producers do not include erection costs in their package cost. On average, customers must budget an additional $25-$35 per square foot for erection. ELS erection costs are included in our package price. For example, on a 2000 square foot home, a ELS home owner would save $50,000 – $70,000. This is a substantial savings for anyone’s budget.
1. No shifting, settling, twisting, or shrinkage: Wood logs naturally shrink, shift, twist and settle after construction because of their inherent moisture content and other natural properties. Our concrete log homes are stable and require no adjustments due to shrinking, settling, twisting or shifting, saving significant owner expense.
Tom Beaudette, PE and Principal of Beaudette Consulting, is one of the most experienced and respected structural engineers in the log home industry. Tom and his firm have worked extensively with EverLogs on numerous projects across the country and made the following comment: “From an engineering perspective EverLogs has developed a structurally superior product. Their system will not shrink or settle, which are significant concerns with natural wood log construction.” – Tom Beaudette, PE, Principal, Beaudette Consulting Engineers
EverLogs contain our patented technology for use in the concrete log home construction industry. Patent 2,511,419
EverLog products have an unparalleled look and feel to real wood logs and timbers.
Notice the knots, growth rings and grain marks in our concrete logs. After seeing our concrete log homes, people frequently tell us how amazed they are at not being able to distinguish our concrete logs from a natural wood log home.
See is believing, take a look at our concrete log homes …..
EverLog Concrete Log Homes