EverLog Siding is the original concrete log siding manufacturer and the industry leader in quality and standards. Here are a few of reasons EverLog Siding is the best choice. For more information, please visit our Testimonial page to hear from our clients.
1. Maintenance Free: Concrete log siding is maintenance free, no need to preserve, re-stain, or seal annually. According to log home restoration companies, wood log home owners spend a minimum of $750 a year in labor and materials just to maintain their wood log home. In addition, every three to five years wood log homeowners pay an average of $6,000 to have their homes preserved, re-stained, and sealed to protect them from the weather and insects. EverLog Systems’ homes are maintenance-free saving thousands of dollars over the life of the home. We want our customers to enjoy their log home and avoid spending time to maintain their investment.
2. Panel Size & Wall Coverage: Our siding panels are two to three times the size of typical lap or log home siding. We offer five different siding profiles each with their unique own look and feel. Profiles range from 8″ high to 16″ high by 12′ long and cover 8′ to 16′ depending on the profile. Whether you are building a small cabin or large custom home we have the profile for you.
3. Light Weight: EverLog Siding is extremely light weight and does not structurally affect the wall. A standard 12′ siding panel weighs approximately 42-55 pounds depending on the profile. While very light weight, we recommended two people to lift and apply EverLog Siding. Please consult the “Siding Installation Guide” for additional details.
4. Unique Textures: Our siding panels have unique textures unlike anything else in the manufactured siding market. We offer Hand Hewn (adze), Timber, Round (milled), Rustic and Rough Sawn textures. Each panel replicates the grain, knots, and checks found in natural wood timbers. EverLog Siding panels are an instant and dramatic improvement to any structure.
5. Ease of Installation: Because EverLog Siding panels cover more wall area, less time is spent on installation and cutting. Additionally, fewer fasteners are required.
We don’t use Steel Reinforcement in our Siding because it is not an accepted practice. Instead, we use a superior concrete material does not require it. Steel compromises the product and makes it very difficult to cut.
6. Three Dimensional Profile: EverLog™ Siding Panels are three dimensional that extend from the wall by 1-1/2″ to 3-3/4″ depending on the profile. This feature gives the unmistakable appearance of a heavy wood timber.
Most siding products are two dimensional which means the siding is flat with little or no texture.
7. Fire Resistant – Class A fire rating: In 2003, over 4000 homes in the United States were destroyed by wildfires. Again in 2012 wildfires in Colorado alone were particularly devastating. Our concrete log siding has a Class A fire rating. Not only do our concrete log homes provide superior fire protection, insurance companies provide our homeowners with preferential insurance ratings resulting in lower homeowners insurance costs. Homeowners insurance is generally a minimum of 20% less costly than comparable timber frame or log homes. These savings increase in high fire zone areas.
8. Resistant to Mold and Other Decay: EverLog Siding is resistant to mold and other forms of decay. Many regions of the United States have serious mold and other fungal growth problems. Because concrete does not culture mold our concrete log homes solve these problems. This extends the life of the home and saves our clients the additional costs to treat these problems.
9. Finishing Process. EverLog Siding uses a proprietary finishing process that penetrates deep into our products for a long lasting and durable finish. We have used this process for over 45 years on various concrete surfaces so we know, with almost a half century of experience, that our finish is tested, proven and will last.
10. Insect-Free: EverLogs are resistant to all insects. Many regions in the United States have wood-eating insects including termites. Our concrete log homes solve this problem.
11. Versatility: EverLog™ Siding panels can be used for both interior and exterior applications.
EverLog products are Environmentally Friendly and used in Green Homes across the country:
1. No Harvesting of Trees: No trees are used in the production of our log home siding thus reducing the need to harvest forest products.
2. Recyclable Materials: We are refining the use of recycled materials in our concrete mix. Materials like fly ash (a by-product of coal production) which reduces the amount of cement in our concrete mix.
1. Lower Homeowners Insurance Premiums: Because our concrete log siding provides a range of benefits that exceed building code requirements many insurance companies will extend preferential homeowners insurance rates to our clients.
2. Competitively priced with hand-crafted wood log sided homes: See our “Side by Side Price Comparison” with wood log home siding.
3. Higher Resale Value: Because our concrete log siding is superior to wood, requires little to no maintenance and is resistant to mold and other decay they retain a higher resale value. As one real estate agent commented “An EverLog home is essentially the same
home in year one as it is in year fifty.”
4. Ease of Installation: Because EverLog Siding panels cover more wall area, less time is spent on installation and cutting. Additionally, fewer fasteners are required.
1. Innovative Materials: Our log home siding panels are made from a proprietary light weight, high strength, glass fiber reinforced concrete.
2. No shifting, settling, twisting, or shrinkage: Wood logs naturally shrink, shift, twist and settle after construction because of their inherent moisture content and other natural properties. Our concrete log siding is stable and require no adjustments due to
shrinking, settling, twisting or shifting, saving significant owner expense.
3. Horizontal Connections: With most siding the horizontal connection (butt joint) is uneven and very apparent. Our horizontal connections are visually seamless and natural looking.
4. Code Compliant: Our glass fiber reinforced concrete conforms to all building codes (IBC/IRC/PCI/ACI/NPCA) and ASTM testing. Our siding does not use steel for reinforcement. For more information about why steel is not approved as reinforcement in thin concrete panels and siding please read the following white paper.
EverLog Siding contains our patented technology for use in the concrete log siding construction industry. Patents 8,302,355 & 9,322,181.
Notice the knots, growth rings and grain marks in our concrete log siding. After seeing our concrete log homes, people frequently tell us how amazed they are at not being able to distinguish our concrete log siding from a natural wood log siding.
Seeing is believing, take a look at our concrete log homes in our log home photo gallery.
EverLog Concrete Log Homes